Invitation to Partner with eMentor!
In order to best serve the participating veteran or spouse protégés, the Veteran eMentor and Military Spouse eMentor Programs must have very large, diverse pools of volunteer mentors that represent every industry and type of company or organization. We also need to get the word out to spouses and veteran protégés so that they can take advantage of this fabulous opportunity for mentoring. We therefore need your support in recruiting volunteer mentors and protégés through your employees, membership base or constituency. Partnering with us simply means that you agree to promote the program to your employees, members or constituency at least quarterly. In exchange, we will raise the visibility of your organization to all veteran and/or spouse participants and other participating partners by:
- adding your logo to our homepage
- adding a listing about your organization to the "Our Partners" page of our website
- creating an "organization profile" for your organization on the program website
In addition, your participating employees/members can share information about your organization via “articles” they publish on the site, discussion forum posts, “comments” to protégé questions or even job openings they may list.
Benefits of Partnership in Veteran or Military Spouse eMentor Programs
Your partnership in the program and the participation of your members as volunteer mentors holds many benefits for your organization:
- Increases awareness among participating veterans and spouses of positions for which your organization seeks military spouses or veterans.
- Increases awareness of your brand and services among spouse and veteran eMentor members and among our other partner organizations, not only through your logo placement and listing as a partner, but through volunteer mentors from your organization posting in the site’s Q&A area, discussion forums and articles area.
- Participating mentors from your organization increase their understanding of the issues facing military spouses and/or veterans; over time this positively affects your organization’s culture and makes your workplace even more welcoming and friendly to spouse and veteran hires.
Steps to Partnership
Partnering with either or both of the Hiring Our Heroes eMentor Programs is easy:
- Make an appointment to view a Program Overview Powerpoint Presentation and demonstration of Veteran or Military Spouse eMentor Program site features with your organization leadership and our Program Director.
- If you decide to partner with us, your organization designates an eMentor Program Liaison and passes their contact information to the eMentor Program staff.
- Your organization submits your logo (fairly high resolution and 80 pixels high), a brief (1-2 paragraph) company/organization description and the url for your website so that we can place your logo on the program site’s homepage and create a listing on the “Our Partners” page of the site.
- eMentor staff will submit sample text for your organization to use in recruiting volunteer mentors and/or protégés.
- You sign a simple, non-binding Statement of Support.
- Your eMentor Program Liaison completes agreed upon steps to publicize the program at least quarterly and recruit protégés and/or volunteer mentors.
- Once you have recruited 3 volunteer mentors for the program, eMentor staff will also create an organization profile page for you on the website which will include a longer description of your organization and 6 links of your choice. These links can include a link to job listings targeted at military spouses and veterans.
To begin the process to partner with the eMentor Program contact Stefanie Goebel, the Program Director at email@example.com
or 520.955.3370. To register to be a mentor in either program go to http://www.mentorheroes.org