AcademyWomen eMentor Program Website
Your privacy is important to AcademyWomen (“we” or “our”or “us”) and we are committed to protecting your personal information while you are using and interacting with our AcademyWomen eMentor Program Website (the “eMentor Program Web Site”).
Please take a moment to familiarize yourself with our privacy practices and let us know if you have any questions.
Information We Collect
We collect information in two ways: 1. Information you give us both personal and non-personal; and 2. Information we get from your access and use of the eMentor Program Website. All of this information is voluntarily provided by you .
1. Information you give us both personal and non-personal
o We collect this Personal Information as well as non-personal information discussed below in a number of different ways. For example:
If you chose to participate as a registered user in the eMentor Program Website you will need to complete our online registration form. This online registration form requires certain Personal Information as well as other information to help us determine and respond to your needs related to the eMentor Program Web Site. We use this information to enable you to participate in the eMentor Program Website. We also use this information to send email messages to users who opt-in to receive communications from us. These email messages provide updates about us and/or the eMentor Program Web Site. We also use demographic and profile information you provide on this form in connection with studies and reports regarding our eMentor Program Web Site such as joining or usage patterns in order to better understand the needs of our participants.
As a participant in the eMentor Program Website in addition to your information on the registration form, we also collect the information you provide when you interact with the eMentor Program Website; and leave comments. We will not, however associate any personally identifiable information which you provide with the information in these studies and reports. We will not distribute your private data or information concerning you or your participation in the eMentor Program Website to anyone outside our organization.
· Non-Personal Information. We also collect non-personal information – data in a form that does not permit direct association with any specific individual. We may collect, use or transfer and disclose non-personal information for any purpose. For example: We may collect information such as occupation, language, zip code, area code, unique device identifier, location, and the time zone where our eMentor Program Website is accessed and used so that we can better understand user behavior and improve our eMentor Program Website and services.
If we do combine non-personal information with personal information the combined information will be treated as personal information for so long as it remains combined.
2. Information we get from your use of our eMentor Program Website.
· Log and Device Information. When you use the eMentor Program Website our servers automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit the eMentor Program Website. These server logs may include information such as your web request, Internet Protocol address, browser type, language and version, dial-up domain, computer operating system and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser. Internet Protocol addresses will in some cases be linked to personal, identifiable information. We use the tracked information only to help diagnose problems with our server and to administer our eMentor Program Website.
· Links. We do link the information we store in cookies to your username when you log into your account on our eMentor Program Website. We control how that data may and may not be used. However we do not exercise control over any third party links provided to you as part of the eMentor Program, or other sites that may place their own cookies or other files on your computer, collect data or solicit personal information from you.
How we use the Information we collect.
· We use the information we collect from our eMentor Program Website to provide, maintain, and improve the eMentor Program Website and protect ourselves and our registered users. We also use this information to offer you tailored content.
Information we do not collect
We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 14. If we learn that we have collected the personal information of a child under the age of 14 without first receiving verifiable parental consent we will take steps to delete the information as soon as possible.
Transparency and Choice
People have different privacy concerns. Our goal is to be clear about what information we collect so that you can make meaningful choices about the information you provide and how it is used.
For example you can: control who you share information with.
You may also set your browser to block all cookies. Most browsers are initially set up to accept cookies, however, if you prefer to reject these cookies you can opt-out by resetting your browser to refuse all cookies, including cookies associated with the eMentor Program Website or our services, or to indicate when a cookies is being set by us. However, it is important to remember that if you disable your cookie(s), you may still use our eMentor Program Website but you may not be able to access certain areas within the eMentor Program Website and/or some features and services of the eMentor Program Website may not function properly.
Information you share.
When you access and use the eMentor Program Website, or links within the eMentor Program Website to third party websites, the Personal Information you share is visible to other users (such as your mentor) and can be read, collected, or used by them. You are responsible for the Personal Information you choose to submit in this instance. Please exercise caution when deciding to disclose your Personal Information as we are not responsible by law or otherwise if such information is made public.
Accessing and updating your personal information.
As a registered user of our eMentor Program Website, we make good faith efforts to provide you with access to your Personal Information so you can edit it or request that we correct the data if it is inaccurate or delete the data if we are not required to retain it by law or for other legitimate business purposes.
We may decline to process requests that are unreasonably repetitive, require disproportionate technical effort, jeopardize the privacy of others, or are extremely impractical (for instance, requests concerning information residing on backup tapes).
Information we share
We do not share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of AcademyWomen unless one of the following circumstances apply:
· With your consent
We will share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of AcademyWomen when we have your consent to do so. We require opt-in consent for the sharing of any sensitive personal information.
· With our administrator
Your account is managed for you by our administrator who provides you with support and will have access to your information (including your email and other data). Our administrator may be able to:
o Change your account password
o Suspend or terminate your account access
o Share your account information in order to satisfy applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request
o Access or retain information stored as part of your account
· With our Service Provider
· For legal reasons
We will share Personal Information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of AcademyWomen if we have a good faith belief that access, use, preservation, or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to:
o Meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process, or enforceable governmental request
o Enforce our Terms of Service including investigation of potential violations
o Detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues
o Protect against harm, the rights, property, or safety of AcademyWomen, our registered users, or the public as required or permitted by law
For the purposes of this section, our Service Provider may also collect information you may even consider private communications (e.g. communications between you and your mentor/protégé hereinafter referred to as “Private Communications”). If our Service Provider or Academy Women reasonably believe access and review of any of your Private Communications is necessary to prevent or reduce harm or liability, you hereby acknowledge and agree to such access and review for the legal reasons described herein.
We work hard with our service provider to ensure that it protects and secures your Personal Information from all unauthorized access use or disclosure by requiring it to:
· Put in place industry standard physical electronic and managerial procedures
· Restrict access to Personal Information to its employees, contractors or agents (including third party service providers) who need to know that information in order to process it for us, and who are subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations and may be disciplined or terminated if they fail to meet these obligations.
If, however, we are going to use users' personal, identifiable information in a manner different from that stated at the time of collection we will notify users via email. Users will have a choice as to whether or not we use their information in this different manner. However, if users have opted out of all communication with the site, or deleted/deactivated their account, then they will not be contacted, nor will their Personal Information be used in this new manner. In addition, if we make any material changes in our privacy practices that do not affect user information already stored in our database, we will post a prominent notice on our Web site notifying users of the change. In some cases where we post a notice we will also email users, who have opted to receive communications from us, notifying them of the changes in our privacy practices.